10 years of gratitude

Each May,  when we graduate another class of amazing students to go off and serve the world, my passion for our community is reinvigorated. May also marks the conclusion of another year for me on the hilltop. This May, I celebrate 10 years with Georgetown. As I reflect on the last decade, my cup of gratitude runneth over…. The invitation to serve this community has been one of my greatest privileges.  The Georgetown University Benefits, Payroll and Wellness teams are some of the most amazing people I have ever worked with and I look forward to each day as we fulfill our mission of being women and men for others. I am grateful for the team of people that I work with every day to provide Choice, Access and Service to our community all while creating a culture of wellness at Georgetown.  What an honor to be part of this team.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The special sauce at Georgetown is its community.  Wow, what a privilege to serve you.  We all come from such different places and culture, backgrounds and beliefs. Yet, we come together to live out the values of our community every day.   I believe by ensuring that you, the staff and faculty, have the things you need  – from your paycheck to your wellness – we serve our shared mission. We create great men and woman for others as our students go serve the world; as our researches advance our communal knowledge.  With such a venerable mission comes complexity that we all work through to serve the greater good. And that is the beauty of it all.  We make it happen for the greater good.

I am honored to call this great University my home and to be able to holistically integrate my life into this community.  There are very few places that we get to come and bring the best of ourselves to the table and be respected for what we bring and who we are; at Georgetown, this is status quo.

I am filled with gratitude for the last 10 years, the team I get to be part of and the community we get to serve. I am humbled and grateful to have this opportunity to serve you.

Here is to our future, whatever that may bring.

Be well,
Charles

Advertisements