Sign up NOW for the Wellness Explorers Challenge! We’re tweaking and enhancing the annual spring walking challenge to give you more ways to participate and more credit for all the ways you’re already being well, and we REALLY want to encourage you to try new things.
Click here for the latest Challenge news!
What are the details?
- This is a 6 week challenge, beginning on May 28
- You can compete on a team and as an individual (Sign up through Eventbrite)
- There will be rewards for weekly winners and overall champs
- Each participant keeps track of their weekly efforts HERE
- You’ll receive weekly emails including leader boards, featured wellness partners, helpful tips, etc.
Examples of ways you’ll earn points:
- Drink water
- Eat fruits and veggies
- Take the stairs
- Work with a Wellness Coach
- Complete a Personal Health Profile
- Try a new exercise class
- Take a different walking route
- Walk With Charles
- Go on a walking meeting
- ParticipateinaGUWellness workshop
- Riding Your Bike Safely in Traffic
- Creative Spark
- Mind-Body Connections
- Share it- on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, using #GUExplore
We’ll have weekly featured wellness partners that will be offering you discounted or free opportunities to try out their products/classes/food, so sign up for the challenge and don’t miss out on those emails. We’ll also be featuring these partners on the GUWellness blog, and you’ll get to meet some of them at the kick-off event on May 28.
Why the focus on trying new things?
Breaking out of a routine is good for the mind, body, and soul. In a study of 30,000 event memories and over 500 diaries, people who have more varied experiences are more likely to retain and focus on positive thoughts and memories than those with fewer new experiences.
Why do we want you to share it?
We’re all more likely to succeed if we check in, encourage one another, and get inspired by seeing what others are up to.