Ahhhh, retirement…that next phase of life we look forward to hoping for nothing but sunny beaches and a little relaxation. Living in retirement can and should be great, but without proper financial planning you could run into trouble pretty quick. Fortunately, there are tons of resources, tools and educational programs available to help you on your way. It doesn’t matter if you’re five years from retirement or fifty, chances are boosting your retirement savings isn’t a bad idea (no one ever says “I wish I’d saved less“). Take a look at the helpful resources below to get an idea of how much you should and can save, then meet one-on-one with a representative from your 403(b) vendor to review and adjust your current portfolio, right here on campus!
Want to dive deeper? Sign up for Retirewise, an in-depth, four-part workshop series hitting the main campus in September.
- myPlan Snapshot Interactive Retirement Savings Tool (Fidelity)
- VIDEO: Create Your Retirement Spending Plan (Vanguard)
- How to Determine if You are Saving Enough for Retirement (TIAA-Cref)
- Top 10 Ways to Plan for Retirement (US Department of Labor)
- 60 Second Lesson: How Working Affects Your Social Security Benefits (Vanguard)
- Official Social Security Retirement Planner (Social Security Administration)
- 403(b) Contribution Calculator (Fidelity)
- Starting Late on Saving for Retirement: Take Five Steps Forward (TIAA-Cref)
- Myths of Retirement (TIAA-Cref)
- Coping with the Risks of Retirement Investing (Vanguard)
Take a look at our other Financial Wellness 101 topics from this month for more resources on budgeting, saving, and more. Chances are these resources will help you fill in the bits and pieces as you create your personal retirement plan. Don’t stress! Retirement may seem like tricky business, but as long as you have a solid plan in place transitioning should be a breeze. Just ask the Social Security Cat!