What is GUWellness?
In the spring of 2007, Charles DeSantis, associate vice president and chief benefits officer, convened representatives from across the university to consider how to create a culture of wellness at Georgetown University.
GUWellness: Mind, Body, Soul is a university-wide initiative to provide Georgetown University faculty, AAP and staff with tools, resources and support to achieve their own wellness goals.
- Providing GU faculty and staff with access to wellness resources and programs
- Integrating a Wellness philosophy across departments and campuses
- Encouraging and rewarding healthy choices
- Making wellness FUN
- Engaging faculty and staff in physical activity
- Promoting preventive healthcare
- Responding to the specific needs of the Georgetown University community
- Empowering individuals to take charge of their physical, mental and spiritual health
- Contain health care costs for both employee and employer
- Reduce absenteeism
- Improve productivity
- Reduce employee turnover
- Improve morale
- Create a stronger sense of community among faculty, AAPs and staff
- President DeGioia and executive leadership
- Yates Field House
- School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Student Health
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program
- Human Resources
- Chaplain to the Staff
- Campus Ministry
- Mission & Ministry
- GUWellness Committee Members
- University Information Systems
- Wellness Captains
- GUWellness Fairs @ Main, Law and Wisconsin Ave.
- Free health screenings, flu shots, depression screenings
- Health Assessments
- Monthly Wellness Themes & Programming
- Monthly Roving Wellness Clinics
- Departmental and University Initiatives and Challenges
GUWellness: Mind, Body, Soul is a dynamic and evolving program. If you have ideas, challenges or feedback you'd like to share, email them to email@example.com.
The information contained on this website is intended for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you have questions or concerns about your health or well-being, please consult a physician or other healthcare provider. Please do not disregard professional advice or delay seeking medical attention.
This website contains links to a number of external sites with information related to the topics discussed here. We hope you find these sites helpful, but please remember that we do not control or endorse the information presented on these websites and cannot be responsible for their content.
Upcoming Wellness Events
- May 23, 12:30pm-1pm: Weekly Walk with Charles DeSantis
- May 24, 11am-12pm: Free Yoga at Yates Field House
- May 30, 12:30pm-1pm: Weekly Walk with Charles DeSantis
- May 30, 1pm-2pm: Bike Commuting 101